For all claims the original sales receipt, which demonstrates proof of purchase, must be supplied.
Returns of Material Only Purchases
- Returns: Unused, undamaged merchandise in unopened boxes, purchased from store stock and returned within 48 hours of purchase will receive a full refund. Unused and undamaged merchandise, returned after 48 hours but within 30 days of purchase, will qualify for an in-store credit or exchange and will be subject to a 30% restocking fee. All clearance merchandise, remnants, and merchandise marked “as is” or “Final Sale” is sold without warranty and may not be returned for any reason. The customer must present the original receipt to receive a refund. Credit card transaction refunds will be issued to the original credit card used from the purchase. Cash or check transactions, will be refunded via a corporate check. Please allow 14 business days for processing.
- If the merchandise listed is a special ordered or cut from store stock roll, returns and cancellations will not be accepted and no deposits refunded. All special orders must be paid in full, at the time of purchase.
- Labour is performed by an independent contractor: The independent contractor status of the installer will not change the price you pay, nor the quality or extent of any warranties of such labour.
- Visible merchandise damage or any home damage must be reported to our store immediately by phone and in writing within three (3) days of delivery or installation.
- Temperature and humidity must be maintained within manufacturer’s specifications during acclimation, installation, and after installation. Failure to maintain proper temperature and humidity may cause permanent damage to flooring for which the City Commercial Floorcoverings cannot be held responsible.
- Installers will need access to electricity during installation. Installer will need access to water during installation (tile & vinyl installation only).
- Arrival Time: Each installation is custom and some may take longer than others. Therefore, it is extremely difficult to determine what time the installers will arrive on the date of installation. Please make arrangements for a responsible adult to be at the jobsite the entire day.
- Customer will move furniture out of the work area unless customer requests us to handle it for an agreed price. However, consumer City Commercial Floorcoverings will not be responsible for any damages due to such movements. Moving Furniture includes moving larger furniture only so please complete the following tasks before the installer arrives: Remove all items from china cabinets. Remove wall plaques and pictures from all areas including rooms adjacent to areas being installed. Remove bedding and pillows. Remove items from the top of dressers and tables. Remove drawers from dressers. Remove items from closet floors and all low hanging garments. Pianos & Pool Tables: If you have contracted us to move your piano or pool table, please be advised that we are not responsible for tuning the piano or levelling the pool table. We do not move slate pool tables or grand pianos. Electronics: Our installers do not move electronics of any kind. Customer is responsible for disassembly, moving, assembling and connecting equipment after units. Remove low handing draperies.
- Product Warranty: All floor covering products are covered by either a manufacturer’s warranty, a warranty from a fibre company, or both in accordance with the warranty statement provided to buyer. No other warranties, either expressed or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability, are provided. Any warranty offered by the Manufacturer is direct from the Manufacturer and not City Commercial Floorcoverings.
- Please see manufacturers’ separate warranties for the terms of their warranties.
General Terms and Conditions
- These limited warranties apply to flooring installed only in owner-occupied residential space where no commercial activity takes place.
- These limited warranties exclude flooring that has been put to commercial use, abnormal use or conditions, or abused in any way. “Commercial use” includes, but is not limited to, use in a store, office, or other place of business. “Abnormal use or conditions” includes, but is not limited to, water damage from plumbing, storm, or flood; damage from smoke or fire; damage from improper cleaning methods or materials; and from improper maintenance. “Abuse” is any use of the flooring that is unreasonable considering the normal and expected uses of flooring in a residence.
- To qualify for repair or replacement, the original sales receipt, which demonstrates proof of purchase, must be supplied.
- These warranties apply only to the original purchaser.
- These warranties apply only to flooring professionally installed by City Commercial Floorcoverings.
- City Commercial Floorcoverings provides 24 month labour warranty on installations. There is limited service in cut to fit linoleum installations and those sold with no guarantee. The following conditions are not considered installation-related problems and are not covered beyond this limited-installation warranty:
- Carpet: Visible seams normally required for installation.
- Ceramic Flooring: Tile and grout cracking due to subfloor deflection or foundation settling.
- Hardwood Flooring: Gapping between boards and moisture-related issues.
- Laminate Flooring: Moisture-related issues.
- Vinyl Flooring: Visible seams normally required for installation.
- We are not responsible for stretch-buckles or indentation, which will not flatten out because of furniture or fixtures.
- The Buyer/Customer will be fully responsible for the tenant’s safety during and after new flooring installation.
- WE SHALL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES BASED UPON THE FOREGOING WARRANTIES, CONTRACTS, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL CLAIM. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. The foregoing warranties give you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights, which vary from state to state.
- Colour match to samples will vary from dye lot to dye lot. Buyer agrees to accept colour variances that fall within industry-established ranges. Hardwood, cork, and bamboo are natural materials that will have colour variations such as variations from heartwood to sapwood, mineral streaks, and variations in the grain. Temperature and humidity must be maintained within manufacturer specifications by the customer.
- The installers DO NOT move, disconnect, or reconnect the following items: gas appliances, icemaker refrigerators, grand pianos, aquariums, waterbeds, grandfather clocks, antiques, breakables, bedding, draperies, or anything that may be fragile.
- Dust: Installing new flooring may cause a considerable amount of dust. Please take adequate measures to protect your belongings. The dust cannot be contained to just the areas being installed.
- Squeaks: We cannot repair existing floor squeaks or guarantee that any attempt to do so will be effective.
- Doors: We assume no responsibility for cutting doors. Installers can remove doors to install flooring, but we are not responsible for replacing doors if the new flooring does not provide adequate clearance.
- Walls & Baseboards: Even though the installers will take all normal precautions when new flooring is installed, it may be necessary for the customer to touch up the baseboards after installation. If you plan to paint or wallpaper, this should be completed after installation. New applied paint and wallpaper is especially susceptible to damage.
- Seams will be visible on carpet & vinyl installations. Where seaming is necessary the carpet/vinyl will be seamed according to the best-known method, and the best possible way for the material involved. The visibility of your seams will depend on the type of carpet/vinyl, lighting, and direction of seam. Unless otherwise specifically mentioned on the order in writing, seams will be left to the discretion of the installer.
- Existing or subfloors not installed by City Commercial Floorcoverings : Installing new hard surface floors without the required sub-floor will void all installation warranties and may affect the manufacturer’s warranty as well. Problems arising from underlayment not installed by us or arising from floor structure are not our responsibility and are not covered by the warranties.
- Unforeseen structural issues: Many structural issues cannot be seen until the old flooring is removed. If the installers find any structural issues during installation such as termite damage or water damaged structural subflooring, the install will be stopped until the Buyer is able to remedy the structural issue.
- Delivery & Installation: Delivery and installation may be delayed because of reasons beyond City Commercial Floorcoverings control such as weather, production delays, shipping delays, fires, accidents, strikes, lock-outs, and governmental acts. Buyer agrees that City Commercial Floorcoverings is not responsible for delays or failures in delivery or installation caused by reasons beyond City Commercial Floorcoverings control. City Commercial Floorcoverings is not responsible for any consequential damages or costs arising from the occurrence of any event as described in this paragraph.
- Deposit required on Installations: 40% down at contract agreement
- Payment: All installations must be paid in full prior to beginning installation. If using consumer financing, the financing promotional period will begin when the materials are ordered.
- Customer must adhere to the following requirements/provisions:
- Material verification: Please ensure that all materials listed within the contract are accurate including: Cushion, Subflooring, Transition mouldings, Wall mouldings, Grout colour, Grout type, Plank installation direction, Tile installations direction (straight, diagonal, custom pattern, etc.) The Installation or use of any flooring material(s) will constitute your acceptance “as is”. Once the installation has begun and/or complete, you are in acceptance to the materials listed, type of installation, direction etc. and to the full amount of the contract/invoice.
- If you receive the wrong material and would like to return it, you must refuse installation/delivery; the material must be unused, uncut, uninstalled and unaltered in any way. Installation or use of any material will constitute your acceptance “as is”. You must inspect your order upon arrival and let us know about any problems prior to use or installation.
33. These Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice. New Terms and Conditions are applicable from the moment they are posted to our website.
Additional Terms and Conditions
All Proposals excludes any take-up of existing flooring, floor preparation, moving of furniture, attic stock, union labour, protecting of installed floorings, moisture testing, moisture remediation, and off hours work unless otherwise specifically stated on the proposal.
All floor preparation, including the removal of existing flooring is the responsibility of the General Contractor or Owner. If required, additional costs of labour and materials may be necessary in order to remove of existing floor coverings, subflooring, removal and replacement of secondary subflooring, and flashing materials (E.g. Patching @ $0.55/m2. M2. – up to (1 mm) Thickness Applied -or- $3.00/kg of Patch Used: Actual jobsite coverage may vary according by application method, substrate, substrate conditions and actual thickness applied). or the participation of a general contractor.
City Commercial Floorcoverings cannot guarantee any direct glue installation over an existing adhesive. Existing adhesive must be removed by the General Contractor or Owner, or by City Commercial Floorcoverings at an additional cost.
All material quantities are subject to the design and ways of flooring material layout.
Work shall be performed during normal business hours. Any evening or weekend overtime required by the General Contractor or Owner to complete the job will be on a chargeable basis unless otherwise stated in the conditions of City Commercial Floorcoverings contract.
Areas to be completed should be free of all other trades people to insure proper installation. Persons not authorized by City Commercial Floorcoverings. stepping or working on floorings less than 24-48 hours after installation, causing debris, shifting of tiles, bubbles etc., will be responsible for time, labour and material incurred to repair the work to satisfactory conditions.
City Commercial Floorcoverings is not responsible for damage to walls, doors, chipped or cracked moulding which occurs during the normal installation of the flooring.
The Owner must provide for TENANTS and/or OCCUPANTS SAFETY as well as the appropriate light and heating conditions during and after the installation schedule. Extra work or service not specified or known at the date of acceptance hereof will be at an additional charge.
At no charge to City Commercial Floorcoverings our employee’s or personnel must have access to elevators.
All materials will remain the property of City Commercial Floorcoverings until full payment is made and must not be moved without the written consent of City Commercial Floorcoverings.
City Commercial Floorcoverings is not responsible for any latent conditions relative to the installations.
Seams are made to hold the materials together and maintain their structural integrity. Accordingly, City Commercial Floorcoverings cannot guarantee the invisibility of any seam. City Commercial Floorcoverings will however make every effort possible to make the seams inconspicuous.
This proposal to furnish material and/or installation of such material is subject to availability of material and is subject to acceptance by the company. Any delays caused by manufacturers producing and/or shipping products will not result in penalties to be paid by City Commercial Floorcoverings.
Purchaser agrees that balances not paid in accordance with this contract are subject to a 1.5% service charge per month (18% PA).
In the event of default of payment hereof, for any reason, the Purchaser agrees to pay all costs of collection together with attorney fees of 15% if litigation is initiated to enforce collection.
City Commercial Floorcoverings expressly warrants that all labour and workmanship except as stated elsewhere in the terms and conditions, which prove defective in normal use or wear, will at the option of City Commercial Floorcoverings repair or replace such condition within one (1) year period from date of installation. Purchaser must notify City Commercial Floorcoverings in writing within three days of discovery of any such defect and must allow City Commercial Floorcoverings a reasonable amount of time in which to act on such complaint subsequent to notification by the Purchaser.
This proposal assumes that the areas specified are not occupied, unless otherwise noted here. There will be a charge for furniture removal, take-up of existing flooring, floor preparation, and/or underlayment.
Payment will consist as follows: 30% down at contract agreement (50% deposit on all special order and labour only items), 40% upon delivery of goods and the remaining balance due on the date of the installation. This payment schedule must supersede all other purchasing procedures and payment schedules of your firm.
Sanding machines require 240v in ready supply and 30-amp breakers; it is the General Contractor or Home Owners responsibility to ensure that the appropriate light and heating conditions apply during and after refurbishment of floors.